Pages

Thursday 10 November 2016

Overfishing Letter to Hon.Nathan Guy

Dear, Mr.Nathan Guy

Hi my name is Xij. I am a Year 7 student at Hornby High School and I am concerned to stop overfishing from happening. I need your help to stop overfishing. Will you please help me?

Overfishing is happening because of people fish more than the amount of fish that were recommended. Will you please stop those people who just won’t stop overfishing? Big fisheries are taking many fish and even taking the smaller ones, that’s why fish can’t reproduce.

The statistics are worrying. From 2009 to 2015 fish stocks decreased from 25% to 15%.  This proves people are not following the rules, or the rules aren’t strict enough.

I really, really want to save fish from extinction by 2048. I hope you will consider my concerns about overfishing.  I believe that there should be stricter rules for all fisheries, particularly commercial.  Can you please advise me what is being done and if there is anything further I can do.

Yours sincerely,

Xij Bayson


I think that my work achieved the LO3 because I explained how I want to stop overfishing.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how you explained who you are and what you are concerned about. Maybe add his reply onto this post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.