Pages

Monday 17 February 2020

Ham Wraps

What high-risk food was used? How do you have to handle to keep safe
The high-risk food my team used was ham. To keep safe, we used tongs to separate them rather than using our hands and we also used different cutting boards to cut our ham.

Explain the health and safety procedures you put in place prior, during, and after. Give 2 examples for each.

Prior to the practical, my group made sure that I washed my hands and cleaned and sanitised my workplace. People with long hair tied their hair to prevent them from touching the food when handling them.
During the practical, we made sure that we used different boards and knives to prevent cross-contamination when cutting the vegetables and the ham. We also ensured that we appropriately handled our knives when using them, not waving it around, pointing them downwards when going back to our workplace after acquiring them.
After the practical, we ensured that we cleaned my workspace by using an anti-bacterial spray to kill off bacteria. We washed the dishes we used and stored them back to where we got them from.
How do you know that the process/strategies you put in place maintained the safety of your food?
By doing these strategies, I am making sure that I killed all the bacteria around my workplace and prevented cross-contamination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.