Pages

Thursday 16 May 2019

Writing Practice 16/05/19

Adverb Start Sentences

Joyfully, Jason did his work.
Carefully, she placed her child in bed.

Preposition Start Sentences

Under the sink, there was a mouse.
Before the game starts, everyone warmed up.

-ed Start Sentences

Forced by his friends, he finally asked her out.
Delighted by the gifts everyone gave her, she thanked everyone.

W Start Sentences

Whilst I was playing video games, my friends were outside having fun.
When I was walking through the forest, I saw a bigfoot.

7. The -ing Start

Try starting a sentence with the -ing form of a verb. When you have finished your -ing phrase, place a comma, then write the rest of the sentence.

Examples: Deciding, Speaking, Seeing, Grasping, Rising, Looking, Holding, Emerging, Taking, Signalling, Analysing.

Example sentences:
Talking about military successes, one must include Alexander the Great.
Analysing all the food, I finally picked which food to take.
Ignoring the warning signs, he still went through.

1 comment:

  1. Xij, I really liked how you used Bold words to show that it is connected to the sentences below them.
    I could take note off you in some aspects.
    Next time maybe you could use something to separate the paragraphs between paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.