Pages

Monday 8 May 2017

Physics of Car Racing


What problems does our car already have?


The problem is our car spins around.

- what is causing the problem?

The weight on the back of the car.
- how do you plan to correct it?
Add more weight on the front.
How do you think you will make your car go faster?
Making an aerodynamic design.

How do you think you will slow your car down?

Placing sandpaper at the end.

What equipment do we need?

  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Tape
  • Play dough





What I tried today
Here are some photos of what I did to my car.

1.

May 10, 2017 12:21:32 PM.jpg

2.
May 10, 2017 12:28:08 PM.jpg

What happened when I tried to race it?

When I tried to race it the first car I modified was spinning.

The second one was flipping.

What I research did I do?

I researched how to make a parachute for my car.

1. What has been done to make this a "fair test"

To make this a fair test we all have the same type of car, one track, and have the same resources.

2. What forces are needed to make the car go faster and how have you modified your car accordingly?

To make the car go faster it needs thrust to accelerate. I modified my car by sticking play dough on its front and shaping it like a shark fin. I did it because I thought it will go faster than before because of the aerodynamic design which the triangle at the front.

3. What forces are needed to make the car stop and what adjustments have you made to try and stop it by the line?

You need friction to make the car stop. I put play dough on my car because I thought that the play dough is going to make the car stop because its heavy.

4. What forces are needed to make the car travel further and what adjustment have you made to achieve this?

You need balanced force to make the car travel further. I modified my car by sticking the play dough on the front. I did it because I think that the play dough is going to make a balanced force.

5.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Xij, I liked how you added pictures to show what you changed in your car. Something you could work on is to add videos so we can see what happen to your car with the changes you made. Do you think any of the modifications you did to your car would fix your problem?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.