Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Hyperbole

Hyperbole

For each of the following sentences, does it have a hyperbole or not.

I’m so hungry I could eat a whole elephant! (Hyperbole/Not)
May is the nicest month of the year. (Hyperbole/Not)
Her brightly coloured dress hurt his eyes. (Hyperbole/Not)
The roof rose up and down to the rhythm of the music. (Hyperbole/Not)
I ate all of my salad for lunch.  (Hyperbole/Not)
The dog was so dirty it had a tomato plant growing on its back. (Hyperbole/Not)

Turn each of these into a Hyperbole sentence:

A strong wind. - The wind is so strong, it could make me fly.
A headache. - I have a migraine, it feels like my head is about to explode.
A fast computer. - My computer is so fast, it's even faster than the speed of light.
A funny movie. - The movie is so hilarious, I could die from laughter.
A hot pan. - The pan is hotter than the sun.
A loud crying baby. - The baby's cry is so loud, I could hear it from miles away.
Heavy groceries. - Carrying heavy groceries feels like my hands are going to fall off.
A scary dog. - The dog is so scary, it looks like it can bite my head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.