Pages

Saturday 14 September 2019

Similes & Metaphors

Similes & Metaphors


Similes

Highlight the simile in each sentence:

My bedroom was as black as a cave in the depths of the earth.The classroom after school became as noisy as a gaggle of gabby geese.The cat capered along the fence top like a tightrope walker on the hire wire. My anger crashed into me like waves against the shore.

Use one of these words to complete the sentences:

Silk
Bee
Kitten
Coal
Eel
Snow

The cloth was as black as coal.
The wet ball was as slippery as an eel.
My little sister is as playful as a kitten.
The top of this table is as smooth as silk.
I’ve been as busy as a bee.
The lamb is as white as snow.

Is it simile or metaphor?


    As slippery as an eel. - Simile
      Arnie was a man-mountain. - Metaphor
        He was a lion in battle.  -
        Metaphor
          She is as pretty as a picture. -
          Simile
            The striker was a goal machine.  -
            Metaphor
              The torch lit up the room as if the sun had already risen early. -
              Simile
                The moon was a misty shadow. -
                Metaphor
                  My friend has a face like thunder. - Simile

                  My own similes and metaphors:

                  3 Similes:
                  Your scream is as loud as the lion's roar.
                  The water is clear as a crystal.
                  He's as tall as a giraffe.
                  3 Metaphors:
                  He was a beast when he got serious.
                  That person is a skyscraper.
                  My friend was a bulldozer when he rammed through them.

                  What am I learning?

                  I am learning to identify and form similes and metaphors.

                  How does this work show my learning?

                  This works shows my learning by understanding the difference of similes and metaphor and creating 3 examples of them.

                  What am I wondering?

                  I am not wondering anything.

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment

                  Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.